eGolf and charging question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fireglo

1. I bought an egolf recently second hand (2019)
  2. I have just been charging it at home and driving it locally. No problems.
  3. This weekend I took my first long trip so needed to charge outside my house.
  4. My country has very little charging points so I need to maximize the battery when I do a fast charge i.e. CCS COMBO type
  5. I have been watching YT videos, reading the manual and about it but I need to someone to spell the below out for me please?
Question 1 : What do I need to set the following to - to ensure I get the most out of a charge at the chargers outside my house? Do I need to change the lower battery charge-limit highlighted in the red box? I have seen videos on youtube saying to set this to a lower value AND to a higher value.

Screenshot 2024-07-21 at 21.48.15.png

Question 2: See pic below - I don't want to mess with this screen as I can manage my charging through my home charger. The fact that these are unticked means they are off - is this correct?

Question 3: See pic below - If I do need to enable something here to maximize the charge only if I am outside my normal home charge can someone please spell it out for me please?

Screenshot 2024-07-21 at 21.50.47.png

Thanks in advance for any help please! I am pulling my hair out over this.

Last edited:
  1. I bought an egolf recently second hand (2019)
  2. I have just been charging it at home and driving it locally. No problems.
  3. This weekend I took my first long trip so needed to charge outside my house.
  4. My country has very little charging points so I need to maximize the battery when I do a fast charge i.e. CCS COMBO type
  5. I have been watching YT videos, reading the manual and about it but I need to someone to spell the below out for me please?
Question 1 : What do I need to set the following to - to ensure I get the most out of a charge at the chargers outside my house? Do I need to change the lower battery charge-limit highlighted in the red box? I have seen videos on youtube saying to set this to a lower value AND to a higher value.

Question 2: See pic below - I don't want to mess with this screen as I can manage my charging through my home charger. The fact that these are unticked means they are off - is this correct?

Question 3: See pic below - If I do need to enable something here to maximize the charge only if I am outside my normal home charge can someone please spell it out for me please?

Thanks in advance for any help please! I am pulling my hair out over this.
Q1: make the minimum charge limit a value that is convenient for your driving. This setting is only active when you have pressed the charge port button to activate a departure time AND you have a departure time program checked.
Q2: Yes, if you have not selected a departure time program by checking a box, then none of them are active.
Q3: If the immediate charge option is selected on the charge inlet (two buttons, when the one with the plug and clock is illuminated, you have selected departure time charging, if the one with only the plug is selected, then the car will immediately charge upon plug in) .

I do not know what you mean by "maximize the charge". If you want to charge to 100%, then make sure the immediate charge button is selected and the car will charge to 100% SoC.

Make sense?

Latest posts

Back