Best tires for my e-Golf?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaynkenz

Hey guys!
Looking for a fresh set of tires (both front and rear) for my e-Golf. Anyone got any go-to brands or models that have worked well for you? I’m after something that delivers solid performance and can handle the wear and tear.
Hit me with your recommendations! TIA.

Hey! I recently switched to Michelin Cross Climate 2 tires on my car, and they've been great. I think they'd handle wear well for your e-Golf
I also bought these after much research and am very happy with them. I’ve never spent that much on tires before but I decided to splurge a little (I’m frugal). I particularly iike the look of the tread pattern, which I realize should be a minor part of the selection criteria.

Continental had some rebates and I went with factory-size Continental Contact Sport DWS 06 ("high-performance all-season") and they were *so.much.better* than the Ecopia that came on it stock.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...wall=Blackwall&partnum=055WR6DWS06P&tab=Sizes

Tires are your cars contact with the ground - everything you do - Accelerate, Stop, Turn - in dry, wet or maybe even snow - depends on those four contact points.
Car felt terrific with the Conti tires - quieter/smoother, better traction (dry or wet), better handling (no squealing/howling at 25mph corner) and just a better driving "feel".
Yes, efficiency dropped a little bit, about 3-5% less - but a worthwhile tradeoff for all the other improvements.

I've also gone further for warm weather and have "summer-only" Continental Extreme Contact Sport on lightweight Audi wheels - but that's for my personal preference and wouldn't be a viable or safe year-round choice in Colorado.

Back