2015 eGolf Battery Life

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The values l used for my current battery capacity calculation were reported by my egolf’s electronics at a fully charged state. These values represent the car’s estimate of battery capacity and my understanding of the health of my vehicle. I will continue to drive happily. Thank you.
Ok so you are saying the car computer says 16 kWh is available at 100% SOC - that should be pretty accurate.

Thanks.

I’ve NEVER used the estimated miles available. Instead I use the “gas gauge” of available charge, either ECO or ECO+ mode (which reduce the draw on the HV battery thru various means), and charger route planning for anything other than the normal commute/its distance (approximately 20 miles each way).

My current battery’s available charge is 78% of its original value. The car is a 2015 SEL with about 72K miles and the overnight charge is locked in at 100% (thanks to VW’s depreciation of e-Golf connectivity).

I’ve NEVER used the estimated miles available. Instead I use the “gas gauge” of available charge, either ECO or ECO+ mode (which reduce the draw on the HV battery thru various means), and charger route planning for anything other than the normal commute/its distance (approximately 20 miles each way).

My current battery’s available charge is 78% of its original value. The car is a 2015 SEL with about 72K miles and the overnight charge is locked in at 100% (thanks to VW’s depreciation of e-Golf connectivity).
Thanks for the update. GOM = Guess - o - Meter, so yes estimated miles is highly variable depending on recent driving style/temp/hvac usage/terrain. 78% is pretty good considering you are forced to charge to 100%. My 2017 has about 72,000 miles and has about 89% usable capacity. I rarely charge to more than 80%% SoC.

Is there an advantage to use ECO and ECO+ in respect to longevity and less stress on the battery pack since amperage is lower?

Is there an advantage to use ECO and ECO+ in respect to longevity and less stress on the battery pack since amperage is lower?
I doubt much if any, unless you smash the accelerator routinely (and the kickdown switch gives you full power anyway, overriding the mode). Drive gently in any mode and you will be gentle on drivetrain.

Last edited:
Back