ticking/tapping sound coming from behind the steering dash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRiz

I purchased an egolf 3 weeks and iv started to notice there is a ticking/tapping sound coming from behind the steering dash, and I found that if I pressed the brake pedal, the noise stops. This happends at very slow speeds and while stationary. It also carrys on for about 1 minute after I have switched off the car. It seems to have become more prominent over the past week or two.

I have attached a video of the sounds below. (you may have to turn your speakers up)

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/dqwh...ey=tb1l3e5sqcmif3sbw6py7axi8&st=p4vef4mo&dl=0

Thank you for any help or advice on what is could be.

my air-conditioning dampers are clicking like this. It happened with the previous G7 TDI and it's happening here too. Try turning off the A/C and check to see if it is still happening.

I don't know what the sound is but I wouldn't worry about it.

My 2019SE has made the same sound since it was new. The sound stops after about a minute.

Yup, my 2019 has that also. I had VW check it at the end of warranty and they said nothing was up. I just figure it’s the elves doing their thing (either that or just operating noises from the power brakes/steering… elf territory either way).

Back