Should I Go for a Heat Pump or Less Mileage on a Used e-Golf

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camilla1987NEV

we used to have an e-Golf on lease until a few months ago, and now we’re thinking of purchasing a 3-year-old used one.

I’m torn between two options: getting one with fewer miles (around 10,000) or going for one with a heat pump but more mileage (25,000). My daily commute is around 80 miles, mostly on the motorway. From past experience, we struggled with range when temperatures dropped below 10°C.

What are your thoughts? Is it worth prioritizing the heat pump for cold-weather efficiency, or should I go for the lower-mileage option? 😵

we used to have an e-Golf on lease until a few months ago, and now we’re thinking of purchasing a 3-year-old used one.

I’m torn between two options: getting one with fewer miles (around 10,000) or going for one with a heat pump but more mileage (25,000). My daily commute is around 80 miles, mostly on the motorway. From past experience, we struggled with range when temperatures dropped below 10°C.

What are your thoughts? Is it worth prioritizing the heat pump for cold-weather efficiency, or should I go for the lower-mileage option? 😵
I would go for the heat pump. My 2017 e-Golf has about 72,000 miles and is still in great shape.

I haven’t not seen any data in respect to efficiency of SE model and SEL (e.g., with heat pump). Please share.

Assuming both models are 2019, mileage is irrelevant. Whether it has 10k or 25k.
My 2019 SE is pushing the needle to 85k miles.

I haven’t not seen any data in respect to efficiency of SE model and SEL (e.g., with heat pump). Please share.

Assuming both models are 2019, mileage is irrelevant. Whether it has 10k or 25k.
My 2019 SE is pushing the needle to 85k miles.
I have seen reports of efficiency improvements on the order of 20%-30% as compared to PTC heating.

Back