I need help with my charger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

23_Granny78

Hey, I need some help with my charger. It is not working. I get 3 lights to red and blink whenever I plug it in. I tried with the reset button but it is not working. When it is not plugged in, the charger shows two green lights. Please, any help would be appreciated!

Hey, I need some help with my charger. It is not working. I get 3 lights to red and blink whenever I plug it in. I tried with the reset button but it is not working. When it is not plugged in, the charger shows two green lights. Please, any help would be appreciated!
what brand of evse? Charging on 120 V or 240 V (North America) or 230 V (Europe)? Please show photo of EVSE, receptacle (if plugged in) and circuit breaker. Thanks.

If you are using US 110V plug, the VW charge cable is very sensitive to proper circuit grounding.
Only works on a properly grounded circuit with GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interupter) - like the reset button on kitchen/bathroom outlets.
I bought a Lectron brand 110V AC cord and plugged into an inline GFCI mini-extension to enable charging my eGolf at our house (built in 1950s, not a grounded outlet)
This Spring finally had an electrician put in a 240V outlet and GFCI 110V (like an RV campground outdoor box) so now have option of L2 or L1 charging, both correctly grounded.

Back