Pre-Heating Not Working

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FoxBend

I have the interior temp set to pre-heat at "Hi" when plugged in (I've been turning it on in the morning via the car net app). It just seems to be blowing cold air when sitting in the driveway (I've started the pre heating about 10-15 minutes before departure). When I get up and driving I can get some heat out of it (provided it's not in any of the eco modes). I would love to have it pre-heat, but it doesn't seem to do any good, it's just blowing cold air. Am I missing something? This is a 2016 SE and it's been in the 30's in the morning.

FoxBend said:
I have the interior temp set to pre-heat at "Hi" when plugged in (I've been turning it on in the morning via the car net app). It just seems to be blowing cold air when sitting in the driveway (I've started the pre heating about 10-15 minutes before departure). When I get up and driving I can get some heat out of it (provided it's not in any of the eco modes). I would love to have it pre-heat, but it doesn't seem to do any good, it's just blowing cold air. Am I missing something? This is a 2016 SE and it's been in the 30's in the morning.
I don't know if it still affects 2016 cars, but there was a problem and a TSB to fix it on the climate control system in the 2015 cars. Mine failed in the summer so it seemed that the AC wasn't working, but the dealer told me that the heat wouldn't have been working either. Maybe it's that - take it to the dealer and have them check it out.

FoxBend said:
If you are starting the remote climate from the App, you need to set the target temp in the app. Setting the temp to HI in the car before turning it off won't help.

e_Golf_Remote_Climate_Setting.jpg

I do indeed have it plugged in and set the temp in the App to "Hi" - I had it set to only heat when it is plugged in (as it is plugged in when I turn on the climate control in the morning). I'm going to try telling the app to allow it even when it isn't plugged in (though I will still only use it when it is plugged in) and see if that makes a difference.

FoxBend said:
I do indeed have it plugged in and set the temp in the App to "Hi" - I had it set to only heat when it is plugged in (as it is plugged in when I turn on the climate control in the morning). I'm going to try telling the app to allow it even when it isn't plugged in (though I will still only use it when it is plugged in) and see if that makes a difference.

Just a random guess, but maybe try one temp down from "HI" on the app? When I first got mine I set the climate at 73 on a delayed charge for a few mornings just to see it work and it worked as expected. 73 inside the car is pretty warm for me, so maybe trying something lower than "HI" will work for you?

I tried to set mine to 78 for this morning after reading the thread last night, but my wife said it wasn't any warmer when she got in the car. I'll keep testing and update the thread.

I've tried other temps and settings (including the allowing it to heat when not plugged in) and still nada. Am thinking this has to do with being the base model 2016 - anyone figure it out? I would love to heat it up while it's plugged in so that I am not running anything while driving (range takes quite a ding). I have pretty much given up on trying, but came back to post an update. Thoughts, updates ?

I've had the 2016 SE a few weeks now and I've had zero success with the climate control scheduling features of the iPhone CarNet App (ticket open, but no progress), so I manually setup the charge timers using the car display's e-Manger. That seems to do the job, but you have to make sure your "Location" has charging and warmup checkboxes selected. I noticed that if I press the charge button by the plug connector that will start the car charging immediately, but it seems to cancel the next scheduled departure time charge/warmup. I drive in very cold weather and hilly environment and not having the car warmed via external power before a run really reduces the usefulness of the car.

Back