Octopus Intelligent Go with We-Connect UK reliability

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VR6

I've had my eGolf since the end of last year, at which point I registered for Octopus Intelligent Go. Over the last few months its become increasingly unreliable, I.e. I'm seeing the "Octopus failed to control your car" message pretty much every time I plug it in. It seems to manage 1 or 2 start/stop commands but then it packs in.
Is anyone else seeing this pattern?
When this happens, the app seems unresponsive too.
Basically I'm just trying to determine if it is the car's 3G connection, the We-Connect servers or Octopus control API overloading the We-Connect Servers???

I've had my eGolf since the end of last year, at which point I registered for Octopus Intelligent Go. Over the last few months its become increasingly unreliable, I.e. I'm seeing the "Octopus failed to control your car" message pretty much every time I plug it in. It seems to manage 1 or 2 start/stop commands but then it packs in.
Is anyone else seeing this pattern?
When this happens, the app seems unresponsive too.
Basically I'm just trying to determine if it is the car's 3G connection, the We-Connect servers or Octopus control API overloading the We-Connect Servers???
You might have better luck on the speak EV e-Golf forum because it seems there are more UK members there that can offer assistance. Many of the members here are based in North America and the e-Golf has no connectivity in North America since 3G is no longer active here and We Connect is not offered on this side of the pond.

Latest posts

Back