New here and a little issue with the E-Golf :/

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gtech

Hi there, I'm Marcel from the Netherlands and since a few days now driving a 8-2014 E-golf.

Love this car already, I'm not bothering the short range because I can charge at home and at work and use fast charging on the free-ways so no big worries.

Here's a picture if you guys are interested:

I have only one strange issue with my car, when driving true a roundabout or sharp corner i hear a loud 'woeee' sound when turning the steering wheel. Also feel a light vibration in the accelerator pedal. If I accelerate on this moment it isn't getting less or worse. (when standing still you can't create this sound so i don't think it is the steering rack)

On long turns like from the free-way or U turns its really frustrating.

To bad i didn't noticed this with the test drive but now i have to solve this.
I'm a little handy with cars but before I start taking all things apart I thought better ask those guy's if anyone had this issue before. Maybe it's something with the brakes. Think i'll go check this first.

I will try to capture this on video but I'm wondering if you can hear it.

First, make sure all your lug bolts are tight.
Second, check for a loose wheel bearing.
Third-Check your outer C/V boots for any tears or rips.

My guess is it is on of those three things. How many KM's on the car?

A.D.

Gtech said:
Hi there, I'm Marcel from the Netherlands and since a few days now driving a 8-2014 E-golf.

Love this car already, I'm not bothering the short range because I can charge at home and at work and use fast charging on the free-ways so no big worries.

Here's a picture if you guys are interested:

I have only one strange issue with my car, when driving true a roundabout or sharp corner i hear a loud 'woeee' sound when turning the steering wheel. Also feel a light vibration in the accelerator pedal. If I accelerate on this moment it isn't getting less or worse. (when standing still you can't create this sound so i don't think it is the steering rack)

On long turns like from the free-way or U turns its really frustrating.

To bad i didn't noticed this with the test drive but now i have to solve this.
I'm a little handy with cars but before I start taking all things apart I thought better ask those guy's if anyone had this issue before. Maybe it's something with the brakes. Think i'll go check this first.

I will try to capture this on video but I'm wondering if you can hear it.

The steering on this car is electric assist. Could be the servo motor, or the rack or something along those lines going bad. Video record it with your smart phone, or have passenger do so with it while driving, with windows up, fans off and radio sounds off, and play it back at the VW dealership, so that they can fix it, and not deny that they can not duplicate it.

I removed the rear brake pads and checked if they moved smooth. They did. Also checked the wheel bearings. Front Cv joints are not damaged.

Car has 23450 km's

I hope it isn't the steering rack.

Still need to record a video for you guys.

Going to check the front brake pads next time.

VW dealer is my last backup. They also have not much experience with this cars. Think there are 200 sold here in our country.

Gtech said:
I removed the rear brake pads and checked if they moved smooth. They did. Also checked the wheel bearings. Front Cv joints are not damaged.

Car has 23450 km's

I hope it isn't the steering rack.

Still need to record a video for you guys.

Going to check the front brake pads next time.

VW dealer is my last backup. They also have not much experience with this cars. Think there are 200 sold here in our country.

Get it serviced in Germany? It's still a Golf and shares some if not many drivetrain parts from a regular golf.

Back