My egolf 2017 will not charge using Level 1 — 110V charger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Makavelli

Hi Guys,

New E-Golf owner here. I have plugged my egolf into the provided home charger. the charger light indicates that it is ready to charge. I plug it in, green charging light comes on. I lock my car. I return 20+hrs later. Unplug the car to find out it has not charged at all. I have attempted this twice with the same result.
I hope i am forgetting a step or maybe some setting inside the golf needs to be changed? I have used level 2 and 3 chargers with no issues.

please help thanks

when you lock the car (Without pushing the 'charge now button') it goes into 'timed charge' Your settings might be wrong.

Try pushing the Top button (Immediate charge) before locking to see if that works.

Green light needs to oscillate at charge port. EVSE unit needs to be at a minimum on a 15 amp dedicated circuit, with nothing else on that circuit... NOTHING! If it's plugged in with the garage stuff, no other items can be plugged in or drawing current on that circuit. Better to get yourself a dedicated 240V NEMA 14-50 outlet line to where you want to charge up and a 40 amp 240V capable EVSE, on a DEDICATED CIRCUIT LINE. About $600 for EVSE and $400 to 7 or 800 for a qualified electrician to come out and wire the circuit with the outlet for you, pull permits and get it properly inspected. Don't chintz on this, poor or shoddy electrical work can burn your home down.

Back