Infotainment Mapping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi folks,

I am interested in purchasing an eGolf and was wondering about a couple of things. As far as the infotainment system while in navigation does it show nearby charging stations, or does it draw a grey circle on the map for areas you can reach before running out of power?

Thank you

I have a 2016 SE which doesn't have navigation, but if I recall from looking at the SEL it did not show nearby stations. I believe it did show range radius but am not 100% sure.

For the nearby stations, I use the plugshare or chargepoint app, and once I find a good charger, tap it and then use CarPlay (or AndroidAuto) to navigate there.

IMO the range radius feature isn't especially useful anyway because it doesn't take in to account things like elevation, speed, and traffic that will affect range.

You are far better off getting the apps of the various companies that provide public EVSE charging stations. Just install them on your smart phone and use as necessary. Far better that what is on the VW maps, as they are current, the VW maps are not.

Back