For those who listen to music using an SD card....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mvolta

Have you guys come across this issue?

At random times when I turn the car on, the player returns to the first song in alphabetical order on the SD card. Its so annoying because I always have to scroll through the list to get back to the artist i'm listening to. I would prefer for the music to start up where it left off the last time i drove. This problem isn't consistent and I haven't found any specific provoking factors for this behavior.

So I'm wondering if anyone has come across or know of a solution, thanks.

mvolta said:
Have you guys come across this issue?

At random times when I turn the car on, the player returns to the first song in alphabetical order on the SD card. Its so annoying because I always have to scroll through the list to get back to the artist i'm listening to. I would prefer for the music to start up where it left off the last time i drove. This problem isn't consistent and I haven't found any specific provoking factors for this behavior.

So I'm wondering if anyone has come across or know of a solution, thanks.
What year / model do you have?

I have a 2016 SE and haven't seen that yet.

I have this issue as well. Before I gave up I was listening to a lot of 311 :lol:

About 75% of the time my 2015 SEL says the card is not readable. The SD Card reader sucks.

I have a 16Gig SanDisk in my 2015 SEL. So far, I've had zero problems. It has always picked up where it left off. Maybe try reformatting your SD card and then putting all your music back on it? My SD1 slot is used for Navigation card and SD2 for music, if that helps.

I do not off the top of my head remember what the Gig limit is for the card reader, if it's 64 Gig or 128Gig? Maybe check the owners manual.

Yikes this just happened to me today.

I was about 20 songs in a folder. And poof song 1.
Drove around for a bit, when I came back to the car, Song 1 again.

Ya...checked the manual. SDXC can go up to 256 GB so I am fine there. I mean this is just one of those things that is annoying that it annoys you but not that annoying to make the trip to the dealer. I mentioned it when I went and got the recall done, but they couldn't repeat the problem. SUPER ANNOYING. well if anyone finds a solution save me:)

Back