Fan only possible? 2015 SEL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gd1256

I've read the manual and tried some different settings on my 2015 SEL but can't figure out if a fan only mode is available. As warmer weather arrives here in the frozen Northeast I'd like to just bring outside air into the car without using the energy-robbing heat pump climate control. With the climate control 'Off', I turned the fan knob clockwise. The minute I do that the climate control comes on at the infamous 72 degrees. Is my only option to open a window? OR, maybe the same Committee that designed the radio with a mind of its own designed the climate control.

I had the same question. A potentially easy way to keep off the heat pump would be to set the interior temperature to be same as the exterior temperature. Good luck!

Turn the Fan "on", make sure the "recirculation button" is off, and "AC" button is off, no indicator lights are showing on any of them. Turn the "dash" or "vent" airflow button on, and set the climatronic temperature to "LO" and you'll vent nothing but fresh air through the ports, regardless of outside air temperature.

I usually just set my fan on 1 or 2 lights only showing, for fan speed, it's almost always plenty. Or crack the drivers side and passenger side windows 1/2" to 3", based on how fast or slow you are going, less crack at higher speeds, and use no fan or battery range at all.

While you are at it, see the Thread on Technician Tips or "TT" for the 72F fix at your dealership, for free. Do a search for it.

Back