Electrical control menu (e manager)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivan

Good day.
I have e golf usa 2015. is there a technical possibility to set the charge timer menu.
what blocks need to be replaced?

I replaced the head unit. when you press e manager, the menu is now unavailable. Someone tried to solve this question. is it necessary to rewrite or replace another block?

I'll ask differently.
If you install a head unit from the 2016 model (with support for setting charge timers) to the 2015 model.
What else is needed for the timers to start working?

Who is either interested in this issue or is satisfied with everything car-net..
Sorry for my English...

I don't think you can just switch the head units can you? Isn't there an ECU or brain that needs to be replaced as well?

Thanks for the answer.
So I want to know what other block needs to be replaced or resampled, just replacing the head unit did not work. In the menu, this option is currently unavailable.

I read here many are not satisfied with the car-net, but in our country it does not work. Can someone like me and I'm looking for an answer how to set it up.

By changing the head unit from one model year to another, you're going into unknown territory. You really need to have in depth knowledge of how the head unit interacts with other computers in the car. I don't think anyone on this forum has that kind of knowledge. At the very least, you would need to get an OBD tool like VCDS or others to snoop around.

Personally, in a situation with a 2015 US e-Golf where CarNet was not available or deemed too expensive, I would use an EVSE that has its own timer system if all you need is scheduled charging. The timers in the JuiceBox Pro and ChargePoint Home are known to work with the e-Golf. Some others don't work because they don't signal the car to wake up properly when the charge start time arrives. I believe those two interrupt the Presence Pin signal to simulate unplug and re-plug action.

In our country car-net does not work.
I'm interested not only in the timer, but in the entire electrical control menu (charge percentage, air conditioning), now it is not available. Therefore, I want all functionality as on the 2016 + model.
Since you had problems with car-net in the country, I thought that someone also wanted to achieve this and asked such an opportunity from the dealer.

The e-Manager system does not exist in the USA model year 2015 head unit's software. I cannot think of a way to get this working by changing components. You would probably have better luck figuring out what changes in the car's computer parameters when the schedule is changed. OBD software tools could probably poke in a new schedule in the same manner as the CarNet communication module. I think that is your best bet. However, it would probably require comparing scans of a car that currently has the ability to change the schedule by CarNet.

In the best case, someone could develop an app to communicate to a Bluetooth OBD adapter to poke in the required parameters to change all the features like charging schedule, pre-climate schedule, charging current, Min Battery Level, Max Battery Level, etc. However, it's a big development effort that very few people are motivated to undertake.

In our country there are good masters who install all the equipment on the vw which was not from the factory (ice headlights, parpilot, cruise control, rear ice headlights, full navigation gene2).
On my question they still do not have an answer, since we have a small number of electric cars and I asked to do it first. Reading your forum saw a large number of dissatisfied for this reason and no one decided (((I will look for the answer myself, which blocks to buy from 2016.
If someone will share the necessary information, the bure is happy.

wow, installing ParkPilot on a car that didn't have it originally. I don't think that can be done.

Here look!
http://forcars.pro/204-opticheskiy-parkovochnyy-assistent-ops.html
There are many...
He put the original parking sensors in 2012 on skoda octavia a5 (golf 6).

Back