e-Golf dead day 1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DasCC said:
JoulesThief said:
Yep, that's exactly what they do, and call it a new car... but it is never the same as factory built. As a matter of fact, a Black Touareg I test drove but never bought from Parkway VW ended up being torn apart, and it was ironic that it showed up at the dealership the same day I was in for my 20k service, they were in for their 30k service. I remember, because I know how dog gone rare TDI Sport Touaregs are, they are pretty hard to find, compared to all the loaded Execs, Lux and Sport with Nav Touareg versions that VW made instead. Sport without Nav is the needle in the haystack. VW made perhaps 5500 Touareg TDIs, total for 2012, to sell in the USA.

The dealer tech ran a few tests and determined whole right headlight housing has to be replaced. Maybe they can just grab the part from the car they already took apart ;)

That sounds like a scam by Dirito brothers.... one of the mechanics/technicians may want your LED light assembly, and he'll do the same to the next E-Golf customer, on the other side of their car, for a full set or LED head lights, for a buddy, or for his own golf. I'd have them fix the existing light, as I am certain it is nothing but a loose connection... LED bulbs don't fail, they might get a little bit dimmer after 50,000 hours of use, but unless over volted, ie over driven, they don't fail.

Get under your car and check that headlight, and all the electrical connections to see if any wires are loose, or have "accidently" been cut or loosened, or unplugged. There is a reason VW dealers here in the USA have earned the title of "Stealerships". There's truth in the rumor.

If you had VCDS software, it would probably tell you exactly where to look, and a test with a volt meter with those lights turned on would instantly tell you where the bad connection is. It's somewhere, I bet where the connector plugs in to the light fixture, on the back side of the bumper, easy to get to if the car is up on a car rack. either the hot side or the ground wire (brown in color) has a bad connection somewhere.

I would not take it back to Dirito Brothers for them to fix your LED lights, take it to another dealership and get another opinion... somewhere else, from someone non biased.

JoulesThief said:
DasCC said:
JoulesThief said:
Yep, that's exactly what they do, and call it a new car... but it is never the same as factory built. As a matter of fact, a Black Touareg I test drove but never bought from Parkway VW ended up being torn apart, and it was ironic that it showed up at the dealership the same day I was in for my 20k service, they were in for their 30k service. I remember, because I know how dog gone rare TDI Sport Touaregs are, they are pretty hard to find, compared to all the loaded Execs, Lux and Sport with Nav Touareg versions that VW made instead. Sport without Nav is the needle in the haystack. VW made perhaps 5500 Touareg TDIs, total for 2012, to sell in the USA.

The dealer tech ran a few tests and determined whole right headlight housing has to be replaced. Maybe they can just grab the part from the car they already took apart ;)

That sounds like a scam by Dirito brothers.... one of the mechanics/technicians may want your LED light assembly, and he'll do the same to the next E-Golf customer, on the other side of their car, for a full set or LED head lights, for a buddy, or for his own golf. I'd have them fix the existing light, as I am certain it is nothing but a loose connection... LED bulbs don't fail, they might get a little bit dimmer after 50,000 hours of use, but unless over volted, ie over driven, they don't fail.

Get under your car and check that headlight, and all the electrical connections to see if any wires are loose, or have "accidently" been cut or loosened, or unplugged. There is a reason VW dealers here in the USA have earned the title of "Stealerships". There's truth in the rumor.

If you had VCDS software, it would probably tell you exactly where to look, and a test with a volt meter with those lights turned on would instantly tell you where the bad connection is. It's somewhere, I bet where the connector plugs in to the light fixture, on the back side of the bumper, easy to get to if the car is up on a car rack. either the hot side or the ground wire (brown in color) has a bad connection somewhere.

I would not take it back to Dirito Brothers for them to fix your LED lights, take it to another dealership and get another opinion... somewhere else, from someone non biased.

I checked the connectors over the weekend to rule that out already. I'm not sure how that would help them out though. I was under the impression that failed warranty parts had to go back to VW.

I personally don't suspect foul pay on the dealers end. I've been going there for a decade and know most of the techs. Its actually being worked on by Cardinale, Cals in Monterey would be closer but I really don't have any confidence in them.

I'm guessing its either a defective part or it happened to get shorted out during the repair.

Back