Car!Car Indicator on Dash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nandom

Hey everyone,

New eGolf 2019 owner here. I 've had my car for about 2 weeks now and the indicator with a car "1" Car appears on the central bottom right of my dash. I have no idea what it means, I assume it means that there are cars near my egolf? If anyone can shed some light on this it would help.

nandom said:
Hey everyone,

New eGolf 2019 owner here. I 've had my car for about 2 weeks now and the indicator with a car "1" Car appears on the central bottom right of my dash. I have no idea what it means, I assume it means that there are cars near my egolf? If anyone can shed some light on this it would help.

Read your Owner's Manual, I am sure there is an explanation about it on the page with all the dash icons, and what they mean.

nandom said:
Hey everyone,

That shows up when you're following a car too closely (as far as the radar on the car is concerned). On my 2016 if I see that the cruise control won't engage, and presumably the same thing for the ACC on the 2019, though I haven't tried to engage ACC while that's been showing.

If you're seeing that when there's nothing in front of you then there could be a problem with the radar system.

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?8188953-Front-Assist-Distance-Warning-Am-I-really-driving-too-close

Sparklebeard said:
nandom said:
Hey everyone,

That shows up when you're following a car too closely (as far as the radar on the car is concerned). On my 2016 if I see that the cruise control won't engage, and presumably the same thing for the ACC on the 2019, though I haven't tried to engage ACC while that's been showing.

If you're seeing that when there's nothing in front of you then there could be a problem with the radar system.

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?8188953-Front-Assist-Distance-Warning-Am-I-really-driving-too-close

Thank you!

Back