2019 eGolf best run 152mi, 12mi left

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh, Eco+, aka hair short mode. I have used it when desperate but not for 152 miles. Well done!

We accidentally came home with 1 mile, two days ago. Not recommended. The acceleration as the battery nears dead is really poor and not knowing if you'll make it is no fun.

We accidentally came home with 1 mile, two days ago. Not recommended. The acceleration as the battery nears dead is really poor and not knowing if you'll make it is no fun.
Agreed. best to avoid. But, you made it - congrats! I think VW was very smart with the way it implements warnings, Eco+ and Mr. Turtle - the progressive steps to more and more conservation improve the odds of getting to a charging station prior to being stranded. Of course, for those people who like to run out of gasoline in an ICE car, EVs can provide the same experience of being stranded.

I’m not proud of it but I once hit 0 miles on the guess-o-meter about 1.5 miles from home.

I kept a close eye on the “Power” needle in the lower-left as a true indicator of range.

By the last block the car moved at jogging speed.

Last edited:
Back