Qi cell phone mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metro

I finally installed a Qi charging cell phone mount in my 2016 e-Golf SEL.

I used the standard Proclip/Brodit Nexus 6 mount. This mount provides a cavity behind the phone where you can put a cheap Qi charger (Fleck wireless charger from Amazon). In order to make the charger fit, I did have to remove its backplate. Two countersunk screws keep everything together.

The usb port in center console seems to provide sufficient current to charge.

Metro
--

elJT9hs.jpg

S0CKhVi.jpg

metro said:
I finally installed a Qi charging cell phone mount in my 2016 e-Golf SEL.

I used the standard Proclip/Brodit Nexus 6 mount. This mount provides a cavity behind the phone where you can put a cheap Qi charger (Fleck wireless charger from Amazon). In order to make the charger fit, I did have to remove its backplate. Two countersunk screws keep everything together.

The usb port in center console seems to provide sufficient current to charge.

Metro
--

elJT9hs.jpg

S0CKhVi.jpg
Hmm
1) You know the QI charger charges at about 1/4 of the direct plug in.
2) Too bad you can't use Android Auto wirelessly.

Perhaps I'm missing something. Don't the 2016 models make mounting the phone obsolete?

It would seem you can both charge and control it using Android Auto.

forbin404: Qi charging is ~65-70% efficiency compared to wired charging. In other words, not too bad and much more convenient. Wireless Android auto would be nice.

johnnylingo: I don't like plugging and unplugging my phone. Also, I like Waze better than Google maps while driving and Waze does not (yet) work with Android auto

No screws in the dash. The Proclip clips into a seam in the dash and has a bit of sticky tape on the horizontal support part. Works quite nice.

Back