Has anyone noticed the hot temperature in the cabin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mvolta

In the morning when I enter my car, the cabin is hot. I turn on the vehicle and the temperature monitor is around 107 degrees. As soon as i start driving, the car temperature goes down to the atomspehere temperature 85 degrees here in socal. I cant help but think the heat is coming from the battery down under. Do you guys experience the same thing? Should i be concerned? I dun want a fire

Edit: joules i already read manual

Take a picture and post it up here, what you are looking at. It's probably the temp sensor mounted underneath your front bumper, where the sun is beating down on it. What color is your car, is it a dark color? Black, grey, dark blue?

Dark grey SE. Forgot one important detail... it was in the garage plugged into a Level 2. Also the temperature monitor is the one middle of the front dash (behind steering wheel)

mvolta said:
Dark grey SE. Forgot one important detail... it was in the garage plugged into a Level 2. Also the temperature monitor is the one middle of the front dash (behind steering wheel)

That is the ambient temperature monitor. That sensor is inside your front bumper cover. Once air gets moving from being in motion, it will read the correct ambient temperature. Darker colors will take time and air movement to give accurate ambient, out side of the car air temperatures. Temps will drop once you start moving, closer to actual ambient temps.

Darker colors heat up the ambient temp gauge more when parked in direct sunlight, than lighter colors.

sure I can agree to that mechanism, but 107... in the garage? it was HOT in the cabin... I just noticed it today.. Will update if i notice anything else.

Check your charging setup. Make sure it's not preconditioning the cabin with the charging. If it's improperly set, it could heat the cabin. I've never heard of this happening before, but it's possible.

Back