FINAL SOFTWARE UPDATE for 2015 E-Golf?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TommyBoy

2015 eGolf SEL
VW e-Golf Supporter
What is the last/most recent/ final update for the 2015 e-Golf?

Here (attached) is what my system information screen shows for mine. Is it up to date? O is there a later release?

Also, if there is a later release, how did you get your hands on it?

Thank you for any help you give.
-Tom

Attachments

• IMG_6221.jpeg
    IMG_6221.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6220.jpeg
    IMG_6220.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
Are you talking about a software update to the radio or for the maps? There does exist newer map versions than that.

Hey guys, I have the same question for any software/maps update for a 2016 eGolf?

Thanks in advance

Hey guys, I have the same question for any software/maps update for a 2016 eGolf?

Thanks in advance
My car does not have built in nav so I can’t comment on that feature. I have asked VW many times for a software update so the car correctly follows the J1772 protocol and have been told “no”.

My car does not have built in nav so I can’t comment on that feature. I have asked VW many times for a software update so the car correctly follows the J1772 protocol and have been told “no”.
Apologies if this has been covered before, but what does the eGolf do incorrectly with respect to the J1772 protocol?

Apologies if this has been covered before, but what does the eGolf do incorrectly with respect to the J1772 protocol?
When the car is charging and you depress the J1772 charge lock button/lever, the micro switch in the button/lever mechanism sends a signal to the car to interrupt charging. The VW e-Golf ignore this signal, violating the J1772 protocol, and this violation has led to arcing at the charge inlet when the inlet lock is unable to keep a J1772 connector with a broken lever attached to the car.

Are you talking about a software update to the radio or for the maps? There does exist newer map versions than that.
Like Juicedwagon, i was not sure whether there are any updates for either map version or for the infotainment system or the controls accessed through the infotainment system. So, my question could now be:
1) how does one obtain and apply map updates (given that there are some as you’ve replied)?

2.1) what updates are available for the infotainment system?
2.2) how does one obtain and apply such updates to the infotainment system?

3) are there any updates to the controls accessible through the infotainment system?

Like Juicedwagon, i was not sure whether there are any updates for either map version or for the infotainment system or the controls accessed through the infotainment system. So, my question could now be:
1) how does one obtain and apply map updates (given that there are some as you’ve replied)?

3) are there any updates to the controls accessible through the infotainment system?

1) Depends on which region you are in. Most of the world you can get it legally and for free from Volkswagen: https://app-connect.volkswagen.com/mapupdates/en/car/

Canada and USA you can only legally get it from Volkswagen for a price. You can call up your local parts department and ask for how much it is. But then you also need to call the service department and ask how much they will charge to install it. This is necessary because with the official SD card map update from the parts department, ODIS (the factory scan tool) is needed to register that SD car to your VIN.

The illegal way can be found from the link in 2.1 and there are plenty of guides online on how to use it from other forums from the MK7 cars. The radio on the e-Golf is not special for the e-Golf, it's the same software and part number as other MK7 platform cars.

2.1) To see what updates are available, you can use this resource: https://mib-helper.com/

To use that site you need to get your radio SW train version. You can follow this guide:
Your radio might be different, but the key information is to press and hold the 'Menu' button, wherever that may be for your radio.

2.2) Firmware updates to your radio are not recommended unless you have a problem with your radio (software glitch of some sort). You don't get new features by getting a new firmware. VW doesn't publish what's new in different firmware versions either. Using the link in 2.1 it will tell you if there are firmware updates available as well as map updates. But to get these firmware's legally, it's a trip to the dealer and you need to pay.

3) I don't understand the question. What 'controls' specifically?

If for 3) you are referring to how the car operates, VW told me years ago the car operating software will never be updated.

Latest posts

Back