Error-Electric system-service vehicle, Radiator Fan running constantly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AustroTom

Hello All, I too have a 2019 e golf with 26k miles on it and it shows "error electric system service vehicle". I plugged it in the OBD and it shows an engine fault, and a themal system fault. I read somewhere that another owner had a critter chew into the fan wires which kept it running when the car is on. On our too, as soon as i turn it on the fan comes on loud and fast.
Any ideas? (and yes, we do have critters as well, but I don't see any chewed wires)
We do not,however, have sudden drop in engine power, or charging problems.

Thanks for reposting in a new thread. I hope you can get assistance.
Can you provide more details about the thermal system fault?

If the radiator fan is running constantly, is it possibly a bad temperature sensor? Any way to check temperatures after letting the car sit overnight, so everything should be at ambient temp, and any high temps in the system should be obvious.

Good point. I did check this morning and with the car being "cold" throughout, the radiator fan imediately came on upon turning on the car. So it's gotta be the thermostat or temp sensor. I have a service apointment Tuesday morning. They charge $205 for diagnostic only:oops:

Good point. I did check this morning and with the car being "cold" throughout, the radiator fan imediately came on upon turning on the car. So it's gotta be the thermostat or temp sensor. I have a service apointment Tuesday morning. They charge $205 for diagnostic only:oops:
I do not think EVs have a thermostat. I bet a new coolant temp sensor is cheap. A new fan probably not.

Back