eGolf SEL offer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rieuk

Hey guys - got a dealership (in LA) to match the hayward website SEL offer (1500 down, 159/mo, 30 mo) but I need 12k miles and also I don't have the grad bonus (even though I'm currently in grad school).

He's saying around $200/mo, 30mo, 1500down total drive off just under $3000 (incl first month payment). Does this sound reasonable? Good deal??

judah8750 said:
That's a lot of risk putting all that money down in front.

Well the down is 1500. And lic, doc, reg, tax etc comes to around 1100. Pretty typical.

Anyhow is this a good deal? I am not seeing anyone else offer this anywhere else.

As a reference point, their deal in July was $2500 down @ 24 x $160/month (for 7500 miles/year). They were coming up with these numbers based off 20% discount off MSRP, which was rare to see in the middle of summer. Yours would be slightly higher, however the $2500 state rebate will compensate for that and then some.

Is it a good deal? Depends how you look at it. I leased an SE from Hayward on August 1st and figured nobody could do better, but this guy and this guy got about the same with a quick charger, not to mention the state rebate. Capitol seems to be dealing to and I'd check them out.

And as I've said in the other threads, it boils down to if you want/need the car now vs. later. The SEL directly competes with the Bolt and I'd expect prices to continue downward until VW can get the 2018s out.

Back