E Golf 2017-Squeaking noise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeA24

Hi all,

My egolf has 25,000 miles and started to squeak when driving slow and turning. Anyone else have this issue?

Got it, will do. Thanks mate. Just curious though why does that help the squeaking?
Cleans us pads and rotor surfaces. Squeaking could be due to rust on either surface because brakes get stuck little use.

The shop manager at the independent garage where I take mine was in the service department at a VW dealership for over 20 years. He says the squeaking is a common brake pad issue for VWs in general. Working on the pads or replacing them will help, though the squeaking will eventually return. To him, it was a matter of personal preference.

The shop manager at the independent garage where I take mine was in the service department at a VW dealership for over 20 years. He says the squeaking is a common brake pad issue for VWs in general. Working on the pads or replacing them will help, though the squeaking will eventually return. To him, it was a matter of personal preference.
Yes. I ignore the squeaking. FYI Injust had the brake fluid flushed (at 6 year mark) and squeaking is gone for now. It will return, I am sure n

Mine has been squeaking for years when turning at low speed. This phenomenon occurs during cold temperatures. Never been an issue during spring, summer and fall. Is this really the brakes, even when not applied?

Mine has been squeaking for years when turning at low speed. This phenomenon occurs during cold temperatures. Never been an issue during spring, summer and fall. Is this really the brakes, even when not applied?

I think so. I can make squeaking go away by braking.

I was having this problem and I happened to wash my car and the sound went away. I rarely if ever use my brakes and when this sound comes back I give them a quick spray right inside and it’s gone.
And getting the brakes wet keeps them quiet for how long?

Hi all,

My egolf has 25,000 miles and started to squeak when driving slow and turning. Anyone else have this issue?
Yes, and I paid to have front caliper sliders greased. $75. That's not the fix. But I swear it did sqeak less. Other's in this thread have made some other attempts to stop it. So it might be we are stuck with it.

However, I do believe on mine, it's the rear only. So maybe they should grease those sliders. The shop was one of those Brake franchise places and they say it's way more complicated back there due to electric park brake.

So I guess spraying the REAR calipers might clean out the junk that builds up? I still think if a caliper is at all jamming, it wont get back to relaxed position as rotor turns and presses against its inner or outer pad that's making constant contact. That makes a squeak.

Anyone out there had the REAR caliper sliders greased?

Latest posts

Back