2015 e-Golf 12v Battery Drain vs J-1050 Module Replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 2015 e-Golf in which the 12v battery drains to nothing repeatedly; I've had to replace 4 batteries in less than a year. Now the 12v warning light comes on. Random buzzing sounds also from somewhere in the engine compartment. The dealer (only one in Houston with a tech capable of working on an e-Golf) has analyzed under the direction of VW HQ, and says the J-1050 high voltage battery charging control module needs replacement for $3115. Does this sound right? I thought the high and low voltage systems were independent of each other.

I have a 2015 e-Golf in which the 12v battery drains to nothing repeatedly; I've had to replace 4 batteries in less than a year. Now the 12v warning light comes on. Random buzzing sounds also from somewhere in the engine compartment. The dealer (only one in Houston with a tech capable of working on an e-Golf) has analyzed under the direction of VW HQ, and says the J-1050 high voltage battery charging control module needs replacement for $3115. Does this sound right? I thought the high and low voltage systems were independent of each other.
There is. DC to DC converter that charges the 12 V battery. It sounds like this is part of the module you mentioned. If you look at the parts schematic and can not find a separate DC -DC converter, then it makes it would be part of J-1050.

The JX1 module is responsible for charging the 12V battery. Make sure this is what they are talking about changing. If yes, the price sounds about right for a dealer price. You can of course take it to an independent VW shop to get the work done too with a module from a used car.
1724768647061.png

Back